Luxury travel is a difficult concept to define: one person's luxury is another person's ordinary. But nowadays luxury travel has one key new feature: it's all about the experience.
"Luxury travel today is defined less by thread count and Michelin stars and more by access to the people, places and experiences that represent all that is authentic about a destination."
Luxury travel is changing, it's an appreciation of the finer things in life, but it's also about the hidden gems of a destination, and as such can take many different shapes. Here are just a few examples of what it could look like:
- a safari trip in Kenya
- yachting in the Mediterranean
- a resort with private beaches surrounded by nature
- taking part in a Japanese tea ceremony
Luxury travel in 2019 is all about experiences - opportunities to connect with locals, to try something new and authentic to the place that you are visiting. This could mean:
- cooking with a local chef in Italy
- wine tasting in Portugal
- after-hours access to temples in Indonesia
- diving with turtles in the Caribbean
Another big feature of luxury travel is wellness, whether that means yoga on the beach, gourmet food or a relaxing spa experience. In short, luxury travel should fuel all your needs, whether they are physical, emotional or intellectual.
Luxury travel is also often personalized, it's not about being 'better' but being 'best for you.' And what could be better than that?
Things we blog about
Places we have blogged about
- Africa, Anywhere
- Alaska, Usa
- Alberta, Canada
- Anchorage, Ak, United States
- Andalusia, Spain
- Argyle, Ns, Canada
- Athens, Esye31, Greece
- Austin, Tx, United States
- Bali, Indonesia
- Banff, 01, Canada
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Barcelona, 56, Spain
- Beijing, China
- Berlin, Germany
- Boca Grande, Fl, United States
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Boston, Ma, United States